Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: I need some Dates.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member cradeldorf's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 16th, 2010
    Location
    Muskegon Mi.
    Posts
    1,334
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

    I need some Dates.

    Does anybody know when Heathkit started producing the as 101 cabinets and when they stopped producing them?

  2. #2
    Inactive Member bfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,891
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I need some Dates.

    An ad in a 1970 Electronics World describes the "new" Heathkit AS-101. They were still being advertised in '71 in both High Fidelity and Stereo Review.
    Last edited by bfish; June 17th, 2011 at 11:20 PM.
    "[I]We're going all the way, till the wheels fall off and burn[/I]!"
    Bob Dylan, from [I]Brownsville Girl[/I]

    [I]"Time wounds all heels"[/I]
    John Lennon, referring to the Nixon/Hoover deportation fiasco.

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member voice of the theater's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 25th, 2009
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    1,412
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Re: I need some Dates.

    If you need some dates, you should probably try E Harmony.com..... My AS-101's had grey Altec drivers in them (416-8A, 806-8A) and were 8 ohm speaker systems. I've seen photos of AS 101's with green Altec drivers (416A and 806A)--16 ohm speaker systems with the same cabs as the later 8 ohm version. If I had to guess, I'd say those cabs were in production from around 1969 to maybe 1973 or so--only because I've never seen or heard of a pair with 416-8B woofers in them -- makes me think their run ended by the time the 416-8B's had replaced the 416-8A's. The guy who sold me my AS 101's here in Rochester said his father bought them brand new in 1975 (which I doubt since they had 416-8A's in them). Probably the best help I can give you is to steer you to Manzanita--he's a member here who worked for Heathkit in the 70's. I bet he would know. If you read this Manzanita, please chime in. Or, Cradeldorf, you could send him a PM and maybe ask him if you can post his answer here for the rest of us to see. I need some figs.....
    Being of "Sound" Mind

  4. #4
    Inactive Member bfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,891
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I need some Dates.

    Quote Originally Posted by cradeldorf View Post
    I NEED SOME DATES...
    Quote Originally Posted by voice of the theater View Post
    If you need some dates, you should probably try E Harmony.com.....
    BTDT. they all say "looking for" "in search of" .... (insert unlikely dream of choice).
    But;

    It ain't Meeee

    It ain't me you're lookin' for, babe...

    "[I]We're going all the way, till the wheels fall off and burn[/I]!"
    Bob Dylan, from [I]Brownsville Girl[/I]

    [I]"Time wounds all heels"[/I]
    John Lennon, referring to the Nixon/Hoover deportation fiasco.

  5. #5
    Senior Hostboard Member
    I need some Dates.


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Re: I need some Dates.

    Quote Originally Posted by voice of the theater View Post
    I need some figs.....
    As old as some of us are getting prunes might be another option...
    Your neighbors called. They like your music.

  6. #6
    Senior Hostboard Member cradeldorf's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 16th, 2010
    Location
    Muskegon Mi.
    Posts
    1,334
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

    Re: I need some Dates.

    Mine came with a 1954 604 c in one of them and the other has a 1964 E in it. I know they were the speakers for our theater at the local community college and it was built in 1967. I was just wondering who put this combo together.....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.